Thursday, September 4, 2008

Svengali



When I was young, a movie was on TV that really got my attention. I haven't seen it since but it was so scary to me. No monsters or vampires. But the man in the movie was so scary to me. It was such an old movie so, of course, it was in black and white but it was also choppy, bad music and scenes. But it got my attention! I've remembered Svengali since I first watched the movie. Well, I decided to look on Ebay to see if I could find anything. I found the book and won the bid for a song. It came in the mail today. I love to get old books. This story was first published in 1897 but the book I have was printed in 1982. So it isn't real old. I have a few classics. For now, I'm putting the picture of the book I received today. I'll get all of my books out to show you later.
I'll also list the books on my bookshelf.

No comments: