Saturday, September 6, 2008

Our Visit to the Dairy Farm


Jamie wanted Dallas to see some real cows so we went to a place that I saw a ranch on Jupiter Street. When we got there, the cows weren't close enough to the road and there wasn't a place to park anyway. So I said that I was going to ask the people if we could see their cows. I pulled into the driveway and a very nice young lady came out of a building. She took us to see the little calves. The cows we saw were all in the 'maternity' ward, as she called it. All of the cows were pregnant. We were at the Lavon Farms, a dairy farm. They also had a little store where they sell cheeses and yogurt. I'm saying 'fresh' yogert and cheeses. I bought some of the cheeses. One is called Texmex cheese and it has peppers in it. The other is called Campesino cheese. It's delicious with no additives, all natural. Deanna, the lady that greeted us, told me that you can fry the cheese just like you would fry an egg and it's delicious. We also bought yogurt cheese. We're going to put it on baked potatoes. It's soft and creamy. And, of course, we had to get something sweet! Fresh made with no additives caramel! Oh boy, I can't wait to mix it with chocolate, pecans and ice cream and make myself a turtle blizzard! So, if you live near Plano, you HAVE to check it out. They have yogurt and even milk with the cream on top! The farm is on Jupiter between Parker and Park.

No comments: