Friday, September 19, 2008

Snipp, Snapp and Snurr!


Sometimes I think of something and look for it on the internet. Most times I'll find it. But sometimes I don't. This is one time that I didn't think I'd find what I was looking for. When I was a little girl (smaller than all of the kids my age), I read all the time. In elementary school, we didn't have a library but the Bookmobile would come to our school every other Friday and class by class would be allowed to go get books. I can still smell the books in the bus, picture how crowded it was on the bus with thousands of books (well, it seemed like that many to me) and the smell of the gas running while the driver kept the bus warm in the winter. I lived in Grand Rapids MI. I loved Bookmobile Friday. One book always stayed with me throughout my life. It was called Snip, Snap and Snurr. (That was the way I thought that it was spelled). I didn't remember if they were animals or what they were. I just remembered the name of the book that I loved so much. So today, I went on the internet and wrote Snip, Snap and Snur. When a bunch of websites came up telling about the children's book about triplet boys, I was dumbfounded! Now I remember the boys in the book and there was more than one book about them. I was a little disappointed that it said that the books were printed in the 70s and even the 90s. I looked them up on Ebay and there they were. And, to top it all off, some were the original books printed in 1941 and 1948! No, I didn't order them. Maybe I'll check the library to see if they have them in the children's
section.
Libraries are wonderful places. The other day, I looked up an author on the internet that Denny graduated with. He was a year ahead of me. His name is Max Apple. He's also a playright and wrote the movie "The Air Up There" with Kevin Bacon and directed by Paul Glaser (Starsky from Starsky and Hutch). I went to the library and they're getting two of Max's books from the Plano Library for me. I'll write about the books after I finish them.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Sounds more like a guy getting a Vascetomy.