Friday, July 4, 2008

Those ugly red wasps! Ouch!!

It was nice out this morning before everyone got out of bed so I went outside to do a little gardening. I need to pull the grass out of my ‘expanded’ garden space. I was working in the corner under a spider web. I didn’t see any spiders and I wasn’t going to bother him anyway so I kept pulling grass. All of a sudden, I felt a sharp jab in my arm. “Oh no, a spider got me!” was my first response. I knew it had to be a black widow or a brown recluse. But a big red wasp flew around me so I knew what got me! I put peroxide on it and looked on the internet to see what to do. Nothing! Unless I had a allergy. It sure hurt and it still hurts. Right now it looks like a real big vaccination. I don’t know if there’s a stinger. I guess it will work it’s way out.

So this afternoon, I went outside. (after we returned from the Plano parade which was a flop to us. I love bands and there was only one band. I wonder what happened to the three Plano High School bands.) I pulled weeds around our trees in the front yard and planted four of my ‘distressed’ plants. The distressed plants in my back yard are doing great! Nice purple flowers.

It’s funny but when I turned 40, I happened to have my doctor’s, dentist and eye appointment . Each asked me my age. When I said 40, they all said almost the same thing:
The Doctor: Well, things start happening when you turn 40!
The dentist: Well, your teeth need a lot more work after you turn 40!.
The eye doctor: Well, when you turn 40, your eyes start getting worse!
ManOMan! I should have told them that I was 39. They probably would have said that I was in good shape.

So today a funny thing happened when I was digging and planting. My neighbors were leaving. The man next door (I don’t know his name because they are Muslim and they all have long names) came to the front and asked me if it wasn’t too hot for me to be working in our heat. I told him that I’m used to hot weather and don’t mind it at all. He said “I just thought that I would ask because a lot of people when they get your age some times they get sick or something happens to them. I laughed and told him that I’m fine and if I start to get tired or overheated, I go in the house and rest and get something cold to drink. He left and I started to continue my work. Then I thought ‘Well, this is a good time to take that rest and get something cold to drink’. I’ll do the other side later.

This was my 4th of July.

No comments: