Saturday, January 19, 2008

Towns of Texas

Last night I stayed up until midnight, reading about all of the towns in Texas. I only got through the A's for the prairie and lake counties which we live in. It's really interesting. I have a site that lists all of the towns, ghost towns, cemetaries and other interesting things. I read about one town that people would see a ghost of a lady and her baby that were murdered many years ago and was thrown into a well. They were first claimed missing and thought to have left town but after a sighting, they looked in the well and found clothing of the missing lady and baby. I want to go to some of the towns and check them out, especially the towns with unusual names. Many of the towns are no longer there but a cemetary or building still stands. When the weather gets warmer, I think I'm going to start looking at the towns close to us. I love to look at old cemetaries.

No comments: