Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How Can We Pray For an Evil Person?

Today I'm in a serious and thoughtful mood. My thoughts are on how we're supposed to pray for someone who we know is bad. When someone is truly evil, how can we 'hate the sin but not the sinner"? I've heard that my whole life but never understood it. Today while I was on my way to my sister's house to clean, I was listening to a great story that I got from the library. In the story, a woman was teaching the children that she took care of that when we hate someone, the devil is happy. My thoughts have been on Denny's boss the last few days. The man is really an evil person. He was brought to the U.S. from India by Denny's boss to be the CEO of the company. The company hasn't been doing good and the business has gotten worse since this man came into the company. He is mean, belittling, uses foul language when he talks to them and had made all of the workers hate their jobs. He know they can't quit because of the economy. He's made pay cuts and took all of their accumulated vacation time away, cut their health care. He questions the workers to find out things about the other workers and what they think of him.

One day this week, he asked a worker how the people feel about him. The man told him that they all hate him. He asked for an example of who hates him. The man told him that he and his wife hate him. He asked who else. He wanted names. The man told him that everyone in the whole company that works under him hates him. He smiled as though the thought of everyone hating him is what he wants.

A woman was upset and talked to my daughter-in-law. She said that the job was her life. She had no family and she was so afraid that when she lost the job, she would not know what to do to keep her apartment. She cried. Sue tried to comfort her. The lady told Sue that her heart was beating so fast now and she is under so much stress. She said that the CEO has made her life miserable. When they walked out of the building, Sue had her arm around her and tried to make her feel better. The next morning, the poor lady was found in the bathroom, at work, lying on the floor. She had a heart attack and died. Everyone was so upset at work. The 'evil' man never came to the building and said that if anyone left work, they would lose a day's vacation.

This is only an example of the things this man is putting the workers through.

My point is: How can we pray for this man with all the hurt he has done to others?
This I don't understand.

No comments: