Saturday, June 21, 2008

Medicare

Well, I'm officially a senior citizen now. I'm covered by Medicare since June 1, 2008.
Here's my story about my doctor problem. Denny and I both had the same doctor. When he became eligible for Medicare, the doctor told him that he doesn't take Medicare so Denny had to find a new doctor. Well, time was approaching for me to be eligible for Medicare. I mentioned it in my doctor's office and was told that he now takes existing patients for Medicare. Wow! I was happy. June 1, 2008 I became eligible for Medicare. I went to the doctor's office on June 2. Guess what! He does take Medicare. There's a However! I would have to pay the doctor, then get reimbursed from Medicare and THEN submit my claim to Blue Cross to pay the rest! No way can I do that. Can you imagine paying for a physical? We're talking $500.00 or more! So I had a dilemma! I don't like the office that Denny goes to because they don't answer the phone but you talk to a computer! And their office is always so full. Well, I went to a lecture at the senior center about something and the doctor was so good. His name is Mark Lee. He went to UCLA and used to be a geriactic physician before he became a family physician. I asked him if he takes new patients. Yes! I asked him if he accepts Medicare patients. Yes! I asked him if I would have to pay up front and be reimbursed. He said No. So I'm going to have him as my physician. I'm glad that problem is solved! So now on to other problems, like gas prices, war, presidential election. Eye-yie-yie!

1 comment:

Casa De Cross @ Cribbage Flat Southwest said...

You ARE NOT old, but you are forgetful. You have forgotten to post on your blog lately! LAFF!