Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring is beautiful but...

over the winter you don't realize how many weeds have grown during the winter until you start weeding them out. The work it takes to plant new flowers and plants is plentiful, but you love to do it! Seeds to plant, bulbs to plant, pots to fill. It's so nice when you can see some growth and beauty for all of your work, isn't it? The very worse thing about spring is finding, usually by bite, a new mound of fire ants. Ouch, ouch and itch! Those little buggers sure can make you uncomfortable.

The best ways to start new flowers and plants are when someone gives you bulbs. Donna Cross gave me some bulbs and I planted them. I hope I didn't plant too soon. I'm watching them for green. That's one way. Another way is to check out the discounted racks at the stores. Lowe's always has a big rack of plants. I buy most of my plants there. Today I bought another Holly bush from the rack for $2.00. I bought some last year and planted them along the side of my house. I had a space where one didn't make it last year. I hope this new one makes it. I also got 8 Enchantment Lilies for one dollar each. In Michigan we called them Enchantment Lilies but here, in Texas, they don't call them that.

If you have any ideas for me to get my plants cheap, email me at jgoble2166@sbcglobal.net. I'd sure appreciate any hints you can give me. Next week the flea market will be in McKinney so I'm hoping I can get the two Crepe Myrtle trees that I need for the side of my driveway. They're pretty reasonable and pretty trees.
Well, I guess that's all for gardening today. I have a bunch of envelopes of seeds that I bought today that I have to plant. Oh! Where did I get a bargain? At the Dollar Tree! Four envelopes for a dollar!

No comments: