Friday, March 13, 2009

O'Ley




O'Ley is my cat. One of my cats, that is. I've written about him on this blog before. We adopted him after my tuxedo cat, Baby, died. We got him from Operation Kindness which is a no kill shelter in Carrolton TX, near Dallas. I fell in love with him when I first held him. He was 5 years old at the time. Cream colored with one brown ear and a brown tail. He and Willow got along fine. Willow is my huge gray cat, 16 years old now.
Anyway, we traveled to MI in the summers and O'Ley loved riding in the car. I had both cats in carriers but O'Ley somehow opened his door and came out. From then on, he'd sit on the divider of the front seat and watch out the window. The last time we went to Sandy Pines in Michigan for a couple of months the cats went with us as usual. When we got home, Denny noticed a bump on the back of his left rear leg. I took him to the vet and the vet said that it was cancer. She said that they could take the tumor off but it would probably grow back. We had the tumor removed and, yes, it did grow back. There was no option but to have his leg amputated. I found a real nice doctor that didn't charge as much and he amputated O'Ley's leg. He's been fine for 3 years now. But I'm afraid that the cancer may have come back. I found another lump on his front leg but it hasn't gotten any bigger. He's gotten thinner but it could be because he's 10 years old. He eats great. He follows me everywhere. Yesterday he was on his blanket and I took some pictures of him in his weird positions. One time he was sitting up with his head resting on the arm of the recliner. But he then sat up, hung his head and went back to sleep. He slept that way for a little while and then he laid down and covered his face. Here are the pictures of him that I took yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O'Ley is so lucky to have a mommy like you, Jan! He looks like a precious kitty.