Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Golden Globe Awards

The Golden Globes were on TV Sunday evening. The best part is the 'red carpet' before the show. The show was boring in a way...the speeches were too long, as usual. I saw most of the movies that were up for awards. I didn't know which movie I'd want to win. I liked them all. Leonardo and Brad didn't get an award. I was disappointed that Leonardo didn't get it. He was fantastic in Revolutionary War. Great actor. I was glad to see Steven Spielberg win the Cecil B DeMille award.
What a bunch of great movies he's made over the years. He deserved it. I didn't see The Reader but I saw the rest of the movies that were up for best drama. I liked them all. I thought Sean Penn did a great job in Milk.

The movies, (not in catagories or winning awards) that I saw were:
In Bruges- I liked it
The Wrestler- I liked it.
Mamma Mia- Loved it
Burn After Reading- Loved it-bought the DVD (cheap on Ebay)
Vicky Cristina Barcellona- I liked it
Curious Case of Benjamin Button- Too long but I still liked it. Read the book.
Revolutionary War- Loved it
Frost/Nixon- I liked it
Milk- Liked it. Loved Sean Penn
Doubt- I liked it. Love the actors
Burn After Reading- Loved it
Slumdog Millionaire- Loved it
Tropic Thunder- Loved it
Dark Knight- Loved Heath Ledger
Wall-E- Didn't like it at all


I guess I need to watch more HBO. I only saw True Blood and I loved it.

That's it for the Golden Globe Awards. I wonder if any other movies will win the Academy Awards.

No comments: