Sunday, December 14, 2008

O'Ley




Well, It's been three years since we had to have O'Ley's leg amputated. He had a cancerous lump on his leg that would only grow back if removed. We tried and it grew back. He has two lumps on another leg now. So it's only a matter of time that I'll have him. I really love this cat. He follows me around and loves to snuggle with me when I go to bed at night. I'll miss him. I'm going to try hold on to him until he can't walk good anymore or if he gets sick or has pain. We've had him around 5 years now. I got him at the 'no kill' shelter after my 'tuxedo' cat, Baby, died of cancer. I still have Willow who is now around 15 years old. He's huge and is healthy. I've been avoiding telling anyone about O'Ley because I thought that if I didn't mention it, it would just go away. But I have to face reality. Losing a pet is such a hard thing to go through. Anyone with a pet would understand how hard it is but someone who doesn't love animals wouldn't understand. I think that when we die, we will be reunited with our pets.

No comments: