Friday, May 30, 2008

My first car


Do you ever wish you had your first car? Have you ever dreamed that you parked it (when you had the car, like at school) and now you're trying to find it?
I wish I had my first car again. I wish I could see a car like my 1953, two tone green, stick shift, two door, hardtop Plymouth. I don't think it had a name to go with it like Fury (which wasn't made until a few years later than 1953). Just plain Plymouth. My dad paid $350.00 for it and I had to pay him every week until it was paid for. It was 7 years old when I bought it.
I've looked for the car for years. One collector told me that I'd never find it because there weren't many made of that year and model. I remember when I had my car that there was only one like mine in Grand Rapids, MI. I saw the car a few times in downtown Grand Rapids. So, I keep looking in movies, while on the road and on the internet. I found one the other day that except it had four doors and my car had two doors. Anyway, I sure wish I could sit in the driver's seat of my car again. I loved that car. I had to get a new motor in it one time because I didn't learn that you're supposed to put oil in it! Duh! Hey, I was a 16 year old girl. Give me a break!
Here's an almost picture of my sweet little car!

No comments: