Saturday, May 10, 2008

Election day, association meetings, artists and flowers


Today is election day for mayor of Allen, TX. The present mayor has been mayor for 12 years. Since there isn't a limit for mayor, he could be mayor for a long time. I think that a change is needed. Not that he wasn't a good mayor but when someone holds a job too long, they can get too comfortable. We'll see.

We had an association meeting the other night for the community we live in. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough people present so the meeting was canceled. We were still able to ask questions. A lot of people asked questions. My concern is with neighbors around us that have large dogs and they put them outside late at night and very early in the morning. I love dogs but not barking when I'm trying to sleep.

Here is a cool picture of MC Escher. He has some really different work. I thought that this one was really imaginative. I should be so talented.

I went to Lowe's to get a few flowers for my front yard and found out that a lot of them were 1/2 off so I bought a lot of flowers. I have to take a picture of my yard but I'll wait until more of my perrenials bloom. I love summer!

No comments: