Sunday, May 18, 2008

Friends

I found out yesterday that an old friend from MI passed away. She was a year older than me. She's been ill for quite a while. She had something like Alzheimer's but her brother-in-law said that it was worse than Alzheimer's. I don't know what can be worse.

On another note, I got an email from another old friend. Well, he's not old! I should say a long time friend. Gary Keizer and his wife, Kathy. It sure was good to hear from him. He got our address from another friend that hasn't written to us in ages. I'm surprised that he still had our address.

Denny and I went to the cardiologist Thursday. Denny is going to have a fribrilator installed in his chest. No worry! It's just to prevent something from happening. His heart is only working at 35%. We think that it has been working at that percentage since 1994 when he had his big accident. He's doing good, umpires every day, in fact, he umpired 4 games today. He can still do everything he does now. It's just that if something does go wrong, the fribrilator will shock his heart and knock him on his ass! Those are the words the cardiologist told us!

I walked 3 miles after I got home from the movie today. I have to start walking. My knee is really messed up and I'm sure that I'll have to have the surgery that I always swore I'd never have done. I go on medicare June 1 so I'll have better coverage, in case I have to have the surgery. I've had the knee pain for 8 years now but it's getting worse. I have a real fear of any kind of surgery since our neighbor at Sandy Pines had rotor cuff surgery and is brain damaged because of the surgery! So much for routine surgery!

Our weather is just gorgeous. Dallas is just loving the weather, running in the sprinkler and going to the water park. I'm loving all of my flowers. Some have bloomed and some are getting ready to bloom.

No comments: