Friday, April 18, 2008

Tornados, rainclouds and storms


We had more storm warnings last night (17th). The clouds were beautiful. One thing about Texas is that whether the sky is cloudless and blue or cloudy and gray, it's beautiful. I think Texas has the prettiest sky and I do believe that Texas has the biggest sky. Well, isn't everything bigger in Texas, even the sky? The funny difference that I find in Texas storm warnings and watches from Michigan warnings and watches is that in Michigan, if there is a storm coming, the watches and warnings are flashed across the TV screen. Here, in Texas, the shows are all pre-empted, even if the storm is miles away. We had only weather reports from 6:00 pm until after 10:00 pm. I'm sure glad that Lost is still being repeated or I would have missed the show! We had a good rain but the hail was all southwest of us. They had hail from the size of a pea to the size of a golfball, to a baseball and even a softball. The hail was like a rolling snowball that got bigger and bigger.
Today the sun was shining brightly and you wouldn't know we had a storm last night. I love Texas!

No comments: